Friday, April 3, 2009

My city by the bay

I am always game for any excuse to head to the city by the bay! San Francisco! This time, the relatives were in town, so off we went. Talk about, gorgeous, sunny, blue skies weather....a bit windy, but still nice!

Between the lines

Up and down the steep hills........

Top of Lombard Street

Here we are at the top of Lombard Street........waiting for a cable car to cross.....

Cable Car and blue skies

I think they had the same idea as everyone else..........lets pause and check out the fantastic view!

Self explanitory sign

The sign says it all!!!!

San Francisco homes

Rows, upon rows of lovely homes.

San Francisco botanical gardens

I found a jewel climbing on a fence......look at this flowering vine! Gorgeous beyond words. How can it survive amidst this city of concrete?!

Thank you for joining me on this little tour of San Francisco.....next up I will have some photos of the gorgeous Japanese Tea Gardens! I love that place. Another hidden gem in the big city! Time to bake my second loaf of gluten-free zucchini bread. Yum....I tested one batch already this morning and was it ever yummy! So glad the weekend is here. Do you ever feel that way?

3 comments:

Mochas, Mountains and Moby Wraps said...

this reminds me of my first trip to san fran when you were my tour guide!!! =)

Jacoline said...

What a great city and what a great pictures, well done!!!

UK lass in US said...

We always just drive through there - I'd love to stop one day and get to explore the city.