Monday, April 27, 2009

Oh Clementine!

Knock knock.....
who's there?

Orange........
Orange who.......
Orange you gonna come to my kitchen and play?

Juicy Oranges

Whats better than a juicy orange on a hot day?

Juicy Clementines

Guess you could say I'm lovin this color as of late! The kids always ask me: "Momma, whats your absolute, very best, favorite color?"
I always hum and haw and tell them: "well, I don't have just one favorite color....I love all the colors!" It just depends on my mood, what I'm cooking, craving, sewing, cooking, wearing, or painting! There you have it! I know this is never the answer the little ones want to hear.....I've never been hooked on a certain color....but I do admit I go on tangents now and again.........how about orange for instance......it is so cheery.....so versatile......so complimentary.....so juicy!

Clementine Orange Mixer

Like my new mixer, for example! I just love it! My nine year old white, Kitchenaid mixer decided to go kaput, the other day.......it is something I use each and every single day! (and I mean that!) Can't live without it....kinda like my right hand. So lucky me, guess what I got! Yes, I know I feel soo spoiled! SO FORTUNATE! The color is Clementine! I love it!

Orange Chicken and Brown Rice

Made me in the mood for some orange chicken and rice! Oh how very yummy! I will even share my recipe with you, if you insist..........just email me or make a comment and I will send it your way! It is delish! The perfect combination of tangy, sweet oranges, and green, tart olives...and Parmesan cheesy brown rice.

new bag---and peekabo

....and just for fun......I thought I'd show you my latest bag! I just love this fun and funky pattern, from Anna Maria Horner's, Seams to Me book.

I had so much fun picking out pretty, pretty fabrics........I might have to make another scrappy bag, because I have oh so many pretty fabrics to choose from.

colors!

14 comments:

christine said...

yum -yes please send the recipe! I have an affinity to orange also lately - maybe the desire for the vibrant colors of summer to come. Love the orange mixer, it will be a tough decision when my beloved red one goes...

MichelleB said...

Cute bag! And the recipes sounds yummy. I'd love to try it. And that mixer is fabulous!

Claudia said...

Oh, clementine! What a great color! My mixer went out over a year ago and I haven't replaced it or even tried to get it fixed. I might just need to get a new orange one now. :)
The recipe sounds very yummy. Thx!

Sandy said...

Love the bag -I'm going to have to make one. The recipe looks terrific. I'm going to have to make it. Thanks for sharing.

Leah said...

Yep I'm up for the recipe for sure, looks delish! And the mixer, ah I thought they lasted forever, maybe not if you use it every day. I soo soo want one, and am investigating at the moment. Are the beaters metal or white? The latest one I looked at seams to be white, like its plastic, what's yours made of? Love the orange, such a hard choice choosing the colour, I was going to go for white. Love all the things you do and make by the way, I am a really lurker! thank you!

Jeanne W. said...

Love the new orange mixer! It is really fun and cheery.

Cathy said...

Please send me the recipe. It looks delish and love, love, love you new clementine Kitchen Aid....I'm orange with envy.

quilterlee said...

Yes, please do send the recipe. I love your new mixer. Such a bold color choice. I am sure you enjoy the cheery color.

The Wooden Spool said...

Hi, Leah(mummy made it):

The mixer's beaters are still the same metal.....the kitchenaid mixer comes with three beaters....all metal....the white ones are just spray painted white on metal.

Sazzie said...

Yes, please send the recipe. I love the fabrics you have used in the bag - delicious

AmyB said...

Your bags are always beautiful...anything you make is always so cheery! The recipe sounds tasty. I'm anxious to try it myself!

Mochas, Mountains and Moby Wraps said...

yay for orange ... it's often at the top of my favorites list! =) great photos as usual!!

UK lass in US said...

That scrappy bag is lovely - I love the fabrics.

I have an old hand-me-down plain kitchenaid mixer, which only has the one white attachment, but I still love it.

Unknown said...

I am glad to see there are others who share my love of orange (among other beloved colors) I have an orange wall in my house. (I will admit, I intended it to be coral, but when it turned out orange, I loved it and kept it.) Such a happy color in a grayish climate! I enjoy your blog very much!