Thursday, July 3, 2008

Weddings, quilts, roses and oh my!

Hey everyone! I'm still alive and kickin! Unpacking boxes in the new house, as we speak! Talk about work! We're finally seeing our way clear, now......not much fun tip toeing through the maze of boxes, sifting through the rubble, looking for your toothbrush, clothing, etc.....I can't complain though. I'm thrilled beyond words with the new place and everything!!!!

Here is something I have been wanting to share with you! This gorgeous wedding gift I handed over to my bro and his finance, a few weekends ago! As you can see, they are thrilled with it.

Wedding quilt

The happy couple posing for me, outside!

Happily engaged to be married couple

telling secrets under the quilt............hahaha~ Love this one!

Telling Secrets under the quilt

....and the girlies trying to get a peek inside!

ByeByeRose

and one last shot of my favorite rose bush, at the old house.

17 comments:

Melissa said...

Laurie- YAY for moving in! I LOVE that quilt and adore those ginger blossom skirts your girls are wearing! You are incredible!!! Glad to see you posting again. Take care of yourself, moving takes time.

Jona Giammalva said...

What an amazing treasure to give them! They are a beautiful couple.

Congratulations on the new home. I hope you will share all of your decorating with us!

paige said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marit Johanne said...

Wow! What a wonderful gift to get for the young couple! The quilt is beautiful!

Sarah Jane said...

oh my goodness oh my goodness!!! What an amazing quilt! I love it!!! Just gorgeous, and your colors are amazing. They must be so happy! (well, aside from the fact that they are getting married:)

paige said...

hello! glad youlove your new home! i posted earlier and had a grammar issue :) so i deleted it...so the deleted one is me !then i tried to post again and my internet died cause of all the storms. so here i am today telling you that you are QUILT-TASTIC! i love it! and what a GORGEOUS photo of the two luveys cuddling up in it. and so cute of the girls trying to sneak in! happy unpacking...

Valerie said...

That is a STUNNING quilt. If I received something like that as a gift, well, I would be beside myself with glee!

Unknown said...

Hi Laurie,

Glad you are getting settled in your new digs! The quilt is absolutely beautiful and what a cute couple!

annie

Christine said...

What an amazing and beautiful quilt. You are so talented. I love the girl's skirts too.

Congratulations on your new home. I'm looking forward to seeing all the new treasures you will sew for it.

Sandi said...

A truly gorgeous quilt, Laurie how lucky are they to receive such a wonderful gift.
Congrats on the new home.

Katarina said...

YAY sweetie, missed ya!!!!! So glad you are settled and slowly making your new home the best place ever;)
The quilt is just GORGEOUS, they are so lucky to have it;)

Anonymous said...

Wow - this is just amazing! What a gorgeous quilt!

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is one gorgeous quilt. Love all the pretty fabrics. What great combinations.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous quilt! And the picture of them wrapped up in it outside is just the cutest!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely couple and they look so thrilled to have the amazing gift! Oh, that is one gorgeous quilt! Fantastic job!!!
~Emily

Jikkes said...

WOW, this quilt is sóóó beautifull....I understand they are thrilled....

Love,
Maureen

The Green Zebra Studio said...

Oh my goodness. I'd be beaming, too if I received a quilt as gorgeous and yummy as that as a present.

Beautiful quilt conducive for dreaming beautiful dreams.