What a fun way to eat your toast and egg, all in one! We used gluten-free bread! It was top notch..........just ask my kids! 
With Valentines Day on it's way, we decided to add a little fun to our food. It's easy, and fun to eat! You simply take a heart cookie cutter, and punch out the center of your toast. Put the bread into a frying pan on your stove. Add a tablespoon of butter....turn on the heat to medium....melt the butter. Scramble an egg, a bit of spinach if you like, green onion, parsley, or whatever sounds good to you. Some ham bites? Pour the scrambled egg filling into the heart. Cook halfway, carefully turn over the toast and cook the other side.........be sure to cook both sides of the heart cut out as well. These are delicious with your favorite jam or honey~
Have yourself a heart for breakfast!
Thursday, February 11, 2010
I heart toast
Posted by
The Wooden Spool
at
10:45 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
This is so cute. This is a must for this weekend and anytime you would like to give a little extra love.
I love all the hearts I keep seeing around blogland! It's funny but I was never big on Valentines Day until my daughter came along. Now I find it a fun way to teach my kids about loving each other.
Yummm!Looks so delicious!!!We are toast dependant family:)))
Happy Valentines!!!
Toast is the perfect food, yummy to eat at anytime of the day. The heart and eggs only make it even better. Looks delicious!
We call this "Eggs in a Frame" and it has been a treat at our house since forever. I think I learned how to do this in Campfire Girls a million years ago. Yum!
What a fabulous idea - I think we'll be doing something similar tomorrow.
Post a Comment