Monday, April 21, 2008

Happy colors

bowl full of sunshine

Freshly picked, heavenly scented Meyer Lemons.

Meyers

So many lemony things pop into my mind, when I look at these beauties sitting all clumped together on my table.

lemony goodness

What is your favorite lemon recipe?

my new bag

I've been meaning to show you my Amy Butler bag. I finished it sometime last week. It's all ready for springtime outings!!!

it's finished!

I must say it was fun to make, but definitely one of her more detailed bag patterns.

*update*
I have to add a comment in regards to the Amy Butler Sophia bag. I hope I didn't sound too negative about the details and length of time it took to create this gorgeous bag! We all have to understand, that it has a zipper! This is THE reason I was attracted to the Sophia bag in the first place. Mommies need zippers on their bags! This is not a tote bag! It is much more secure, and very durable.
I will be making this bag again! Thanks Amy!!!!!

16 comments:

zabrina said...

Very beautiful photos, I like the colors very much and your new bag is really cool!!!

Florence Knapp (Flossie Teacakes) said...

Laurie, the bag is gorgeous...I am feeling so much more inspired as to how I might use my mustardy AB fabrics now. I also have the Sophia pattern...everything that everyone is saying about it makes me want to leave it firmly in its packet though...I find easy patterns a challenge! x

Jasminé said...

The colours in these photos are amazing and I love the bag.
x

Christine said...

I love Lemon Meringue Pie but don't have a recipe. Your bag looks great. Would you use that pattern again?

The Wooden Spool said...

Christine,
I would make the bag again, but maybe another day when I have more time....you know how we mommies are so busy! :)

Anonymous said...

the bag looks awesome!! I love the style of it, and of course the fabric. A very practical mommy bag, hope you use it lots and lots, considering how much work it was!!

Anonymous said...

Your bag is so great, I love it! I wish I had more guts to tackle more then just a tote :)

Steffi said...

Your Amy Butler bag looks fantastic!Nice fabrics!

Anonymous said...

It's GREAT. You did a beautiful job!

Katarina said...

You did a wonderful job!!!!It looks great and I'm sure it can hold so many things!!!!
Love the lemons and lemon pies!!!!
Great pics;)

Katarina

UK lass in US said...

Beautiful job. I just bought the sofia pattern (it was always out of stock at my local shop). I haven't picked the fabric, yet, so hopefully that should give me time enough to get up the courage to attempt it.

Yummers! said...

Your bag is lovely. I'm so glad you shared it... I feel inspired.

My daughters make a lemon syrup with Meyer lemons that is used in a lemon martini.
Joni

Beata said...

What a great-looking bag!

Catalyst Of Calamity said...

Those ARE happy colours! Your bag is gorgeous. I'm a little scared of the zipper, even though I think that all bags really need them, so I don't think I'll be tackling that project just yet.

Anonymous said...

Definately worth the effort. It's gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Laurie that bag is stunning!!! Me and patterns are not friends though...