Thursday, October 22, 2009

Tasting the Season

Did I mention before that I love Autumn! My oven has been running every day (more than once, that is). Well, my oven is on every day, but now it runs more than once. Cookies, pumpkin spice cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, chicken pot pies, pumpkin pie, pumpkin custard, you know, anything warm, bubbly, hot and flavorful.

Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes (gluten-free)

The kids love to roll out cookie dough. It is oh so fun to dump over the contents of the cookie cutter box full of fun shaped cutters. Sifting through the pile of shapes, until they find just the right ones for the occasion. Yesterday, it was leaves, pumpkins, squirrels, mushrooms and gnomes.

Gluten-free sugar cookies

These Pumpkin Spice cupcakes didn't last long. Nothing better than homemade cream cheese frosting. It's the easiest thing to make.....cream cheese, melted butter, sugar, and vanilla extract.


Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes (gluten-free)

3/4 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup canned pumpkin (I like Libby's brand, because it is gluten-free)
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup white rice flour
1/2 cup sorghum flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/2 teaspoon ginger (ground)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cloves
dash of nutmeg
dash of cardamom


Mix all ingredients until batter is smooth. (I prefer to use my electric mixer) Pour batter 3/4 full into cupcake molds. Bake at 345 degrees Fahrenheit. 20-25 minutes.

3 comments:

Aimee said...

Mmm, looks so yummy!

Unknown said...

What a lovely little blog you have here. I found you via Lucy over in the Attic24. Even though I mostly do crochet, I have loved to quilt in my past. So I hope you don't mind if I follow along on your journey in life.

Love all the gluten-free recipes. I have a nephew who is gluten-free...

Suze said...

Ooooh, those look so yummy and they're gf too!