Saturday, June 27, 2009

June is wedding month!

June has been a busy month for our household.........lots of goodness to celebrate...weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, end of the school year, and the official start of summer!

Table Runner ~ Wedding gift for someone sweet

I love summertime! Hearing the sound of crickets outside of my window at nighttime, as I am drifting off to sleep. Laying out by the pool.........heading to the beach for a picnic. Lazy days. More daylight and sunshine = longer days to spend outdoors. Sleeping in.........making pancakes or crepes for breakfast. Eating outdoors. What does summertime mean to you? What are your special memories and traditions? Something that I enjoy doing each summer, is making a few batches of jam. In fact, I just had this discussion with my husband about why I bother making homemade jam, when it is just as cheap to buy it. Well, the answer is simply because nothing beats the smell of fresh fruit, stirring the bubbly pot of juicy goodness, and the reward of the delicious colorful fruit that lasts through the winter months. It just thrills me to bits to have my shelves stocked with a variety of homemade jams. Nothing better than homemade! Same reason we make a quilt, rather than go buy one at Potterybarn, right! Of course it costs more to sew your own quilt, and throw in the labor time, etc.....but it is so worth it. It is an experience, memories, an heirloom, and a work of art.

Happy summer, my friends!! I'm dreaming of collecting some fresh fruit! ~~ Oh yeah, that table runner in the above photo........it's a wedding gift for another lovely June wedding.

4 comments:

Simone Howell said...

I just might have to get remarried and invite you to my wedding! All of your wedding projects look fabulous! I wish I knew you lived so close to bari! Next time in the area we'll all need to get together for coffee. I have family in the bay area so am up at least a few times a year!
Hope you're having a wonderful weekend and enjoying the heat!
Simone

Simone Howell said...

oh wait, I'm already married! Can I renew my vows or something??

Lisa @celebrate CREATIVITY said...

Well, I do love Pottery Barn-lol. But making your own quilt is much more rewarding.

I love the fabric combination. Yummy!

The Wooden Spool said...

Lisa,
I love Potterybarn, as well....i wasn't knocking them, by any means....you know! :) In fact, I have a potterybarn duvet in the closet, somewhere. LOL~ It is so much more rewarding to create....but not cheaper. ha!