Sunday, November 2, 2008

November tales

The last post I was griping about the *hot* Fall weather we've been having.....still had the summer short sleeves in the front of the closet......One evening late last week, I had enough! I took out all the summery things from the girls closets and put them away. The next day, the clouds came and it started to RAIN!

Fall Skies

Here comes the rain

Fall is finally here!

Fall landscape

Getting ready to rain~

light and dark

Sun and shadow, dark and light. Makes me want to paint! I love it when the shadows are prominent and the sunlight plays and dances on the hills. So painterly! The time of day that is just before nightfall....just as the sun is falling fast. I call it, the time between dogs and wolves.

I had fun making a patchwork pillow today. It's been a long weekend. Taking care of sickies in the house.....a bad virus going around!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE those pics!! ..UGH I hate bug season.. take care of everyone! :))

Mommy Mac said...

You live in an absolutely beautiful place. Is this the view you get when looking out of your backdoor?

Awesome!

.mac :-)

The Wooden Spool said...

Mommy mac,
yes, this is our view out back! LOVE IT!
:)

Lorrie said...

Those pictures are gorgeous - I love the contrast, so clear and stark.

Wow.
Lorrie

zabrina said...

Hi Laurie,
I love the last photo a lot, it's warm and it makes me remember the first city i've lived in The US.
Get well everyone in your family,

*emilie* said...

beautiful pictures !