Wednesday, August 29, 2007

San Francisco - Part III

Here's a little postcard I made up from our fun day by the Bay! I compiled some photos into a collage since there are too many to post!

Here is the fantastic bow and arrow that is in Rincon Park.
In the heart of Rincon park you can see the two stories high fiberglass sculpture of a bow and and arrow. It is titled: "Cupid's Span". The sculpture is a gift to the city of San Francisco, from Don & Doris Fisher of Gap, Inc. This sculpture was created by artists Claes Oldenburg and Coosje van Bruggen.

Cupid’s Span adds to Oldenburg and van Bruggen’s long list of famous large-scale civic sculptures, which include "Spoonbridge and Cherry" in Walker Art Center in Minneapolis, "Saw, Sawing" in Tokyo, Japan, and "Needlethread" in Milan.


And here is some vibrant yellow sheetrock! Just because!

2 comments:

Kate said...

looks like a blast, it's beautiful, all the colors! where in Canada do you live?? I just spent last weekend in lethbridge with my sister... love your guys chocolate! :)

The Wooden Spool said...

Littlegreen.........
We don't live in canada! This is SF, baby!