Monday, July 30, 2007

Domestic Monday

Here's a little sneekie peekie of what I've been working on.

Finishing up the appliqué for my own Chocolate Lollipop quilt. I just love these scrumptious fabrics by Anna Maria Horner! I added a little bit of this and that for my birds and flowers. It's fun to mix and match and come up with your own recipe for fun.

Speaking of recipes, we made some delicious oatmeal raisin-chocolate chip cookies this morning. The girls love to stir and help out in the kitchen! Ours are wheat free/gluten free, in case you are wondering whey they look a little flat. It's rather difficult to get them to puff up when you mix oatmeal and tapioca flour. (But they sure taste yummy!) ~ Back to the stitching and quilting.

21 comments:

Meg McElwee said...

Darling! How long has it taken you to make the quilt?

Anonymous said...

So pretty! And I want a bite of those cookies too :)

The Wooden Spool said...

Hi Meg,
It's always hard to define "how long" it takes to make a quilt.....esp. for us busy mommas. I did the flowers and birds one evening and the squares over the process of a week. I'm not done with the hand sewing just yet....i'll be sure to show it off when I am all finished! YAY! Thanks for asking! It's been a fun project.

Anonymous said...

The quilt looks wonderful.

Anonymous said...

WOW!! That quilt is amazing! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I love the appliqued birds.

Anonymous said...

This is BEAUTIFUL Laurie!!! You come up with the best designs! The fabrics look as scrumtious as those cookies!! lol

Kate said...

your applique is sooo cute! great job!!

Anonymous said...

So Beautiful!! I love these fabrics too!

Jodi said...

What a gorgeous quilt - the appliqués are perfect for it!

Will you post your cookie recipe? My office is full of wheat free, gluten free, Candida free women. We're all trying to be healthy but we loooove cookies!

atet said...

That quilt is looking fantastic! I can't wait to see what it looks like finished!

Betty Jo said...

What a gorgeous quilt. I keep running into cookies while blog hopping this morning. I must go and have some lunch before continuing. :)

mushroommeadows said...

ohhhh thank you for the sneak peek! It's gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

OH wow I am LOVING that quilt! Gorgeous!

:)
Sandi

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the contest!!!!! Your bag is beautiful!!!
Dena

Anonymous said...

Oh, that quilt is yummy! I can't wait to see the whole thing in all it's glory, it's amazing! You make me want to pick up my long neglected quilt projects again! oh, and congrats on your SMS win!

The Wooden Spool said...

Thanks everyone! I am enjoying some hand quilting......relaxing!

Lori said...

oh my. that quilt top is amazing.

Summer said...

oh my, what a fun and beautiful quilt. Seriously love it!!! So you've been tagged and awarded with a creative blogger award. See my blog to see my gush about you!-then pass it on.

Lara said...

Beautiful quilt. Applique is my favorite. I can't wait to see it finished!

Becky said...

Wow - that quilt is AWESOME! I have some of that line and hate to admit that I'm finding it a wee bit hard to work with...