Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Skirt Craze

Okay, Okay....i know I've been talking a lot about skirts lately, so I promise to post about other things in the near future. (By the way, they are sooo much cooler than pants in the summertime) But, before I move on for the summer, I just want to share this little project with you! Remember this! I started it back in the spring (April) ? Well, I did finish it......just never got around to posting it all finished! I am really quite pleased with how it turned out. Maybe i'll go into the skirt making business. Haha~ I got totally inspired to do my own version of this Anthropologie skirt. (of course the one over at Anthropologie is now on sale).......The creation I have come up with is really quite different, yet just as stunning. One of the things I've learned with art, is I always start out with a certain idea in my minds eye, but the finished product, whether it is a painting, quilt, photograph or a piece of clothing, it is so surprising to see what I come up with! A happy surprise!!! I do have a photograph of me sporting the whole outfit, but one of my dear girlfriends is in the photo, so I will have to clear it with her, first! So for now....ta-da......here it is!

7 comments:

Meg McElwee said...

Truly amazing! Yours will stand up to the likes of Anthropologie any day!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Its beautiful :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog & I love your banner!

qusic said...

your Anthro version is much more elegant,I like the trim and your festive fabric choice.
Thank you for commenting, I have a translation tool,not only for Russian but for English too, just click on the orange button, then you can read everything..........
:-D

Anonymous said...

Oh fantastic!! Has a nice gypsy feel to it.

Anonymous said...

Stunning! Don't you love the versatility of the Cute Skirt pattern - I've made three so far and not one looks like I've used the same pattern.